Willis News Distribution are committed to ensuring the information (data) we collect is kept securely and only retained when necessary to provide or improve our services.
We will never share any personal information we hold about you with any third party that is not for the purpose of providing our services to you unless we have your consent.
Types of data we collect
In order to provide our services we collect and store certain information about our customers. This includes:
- Address (including delivery/billing location/s)
- Contact information (Phone number/s, email address/s, other contact information as provided)
- A record of all deliveries, bills/invoices and payments
- A record or summary of all contact made with us through our call centre, email, online contact forms and post.
How we record and use your data
We use the “Sumari” software to manage all customer accounts.
- The Sumari server is held on our own site within the EU
- It uses encrypted data transfer between the server and our devices (the same as banking apps).
- This provides us with the ability to give our customers full details of their record held on Sumari.
- Lapsed customer information is retained for statistical and accounting purposes only.
- Automatic anonymising of customer records happens when there has been no delivery for six months.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. They can be used to enhance your experience on a particular website, for example, they may be used in conjunction with your shopping cart on an ecommerce site, or they may simply be used for marketing purposes to monitor site usage and activity.
What do cookies do?
- On ecommerce sites, cookies can store the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through checkout.
- Enable you to ‘log in’ facility to a profile account so you can see information relating to your account and manage your details.
- Record the areas in our site you have visited and for how long, as well as which pages you have viewed and your progress through the site. This to help us improve our website so that it’s easy to use and navigate.
Are cookies safe?
- Yes – they do not harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
If you would prefer not to have cookies from my website stored on your computer, you can change the settings on your website browser. You can find out how to do this in the ‘Help’ section of your browser, via the menu bar or visiting http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/browser-settings where there are details about how to manage cookies.
The cookies that are used
Google analytics cookies allow us to:
- Allow us to understand how visitors use the site, as well as provide valuable information about devices used and where in the world you have visited us from
- Help identify any errors so we can fix them.
- Gather information which helps us continually improve our website.
When someone visits www.wiilis-news.co.uk we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Allow you to share our website pages with social networks such as Facebook. For example, when viewing a post in a blog you may see a ‘like’ button. By clicking this, you will share the product on your Facebook page and Facebook will add a cookie to your computer.
To remember your chosen settings, a cookie will be stored in your current browser. If you delete all cookies from your browser, you will have to set them up again.
If you use a different device, different account on your PC or a different browser, you will need to set your preference for them too. The settings you have chosen today will only apply to device and browser you are using now.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email your request to DPO@willis-news.co.uk
This policy was updated on 11 July 2018.